About FitStove

Based on the Wirral - I have a wide experience and knowledge about all kinds of stove installations. I can help you to plan and safely install your appliance.

After evaluation of the proposed appliance location and flue, I will advise on the correct size and style of stove to suit your requirements and assist with any health and safety issues.

Once you have made the decision and purchased your choice of stove, you can then sit back and leave the rest to me. I will arrange a suitable installation date for your stove at your convenience.

You can rest assured that a stress-free, professional, clean and tidy job will be done.

For you peace of mind I will also fit a carbon monoxide detector.

Upon completion you will be issued with a HETAS Certificate of Compliance.


For your information

In England and Wales, there are only two routes to legally install a domestic solid fuel, wood or biomass burning appliance.

You can either:

  1. Use a registered installer who can self certify that the work he does complies with the relevant Building Regulations.
  2. You can apply to your local authority building control department for a building notice, and pay the appropriate fee (possibly up to £300).

It is generally much simpler and cheaper to use a HETAS registered installer (such as myself) who will leave you with a Certificate of Compliance as a record of the job and that it complies with Building Regulations. A copy of the certificate is forwarded to HETAS who notify the local authority on you behalf.

Failure to notify the work through the registration scheme (in this case HETAS) or directly to the local authority can lead to enforcement.

It can also cause problems for future house sales if there is no official record of a compliant installation. Your home insurance may be invalid if the stove is not correctly installed and certified.